For the upcoming years, the NGF has many data and research problems which is why it wants to expand its team with a dedicated Data Scientist.
Your future job in a nutshell
In this role, your primary focus will be to tackle various analytical questions such as data-driven membership differentiation at both club and national level, professional athlete talent development by means of biometric data, and golf course difficulty rating optimisation. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to steer the course of analytics within the NGF from an early stage.
This job does not only involve a role as Data Scientist, however, as you will also take part in the three-year AI Data Talent Program, facilitated by MIcompany. This program is a fast-track to becoming a leader in Data & AI by means of various hard-skill and soft-skill trainings, as well as on-the-job coaching by top professionals. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to apply these skills at a partner company for a period of three months.
The people working at NGF form a diverse and passionate team with ambitious plans for the future of golf. Moreover, as a sports organisation, the NGF emphasises personal leadership as well as the physical wellbeing of its employees. Working at NGF is like working at a technical start-up but with history reaching back over 100 years.
As a Data Scientist, you will become part of NGF’s ICT team. Apart from internal sparring partners, including the board, you will also stay in touch with the Data Scientists at NOC*NSF and with international golf federations.
What NGF offers and how working at NGF will accelerate your personal growth
- A spot in the three-year AI Data Talent Program to develop the necessary skillsets for an analytics professional.
- Throughout the program, you will receive personal coaching from top professionals in the field of AI which continues on the job.
- An annual contract with the possibility of an extension.
- Working on NGF’s future with lots of room for your own initiatives.
- Room to follow courses on personal development (e.g., on the online platform GoodHabitz) as well as a personal training budget.
- An informal and relaxed working environment with various team and employee outings, including Friday afternoon drinks.
- An inspiring working environment – De Weerelt van Sport – with our own sports amenities and sports lessons, as well as a restaurant with free lunch.
- Monthly inspirational sessions where external speakers take the stage.
- A salary based on the Sports CAO (collective employment agreement) of € 3,064,- based on 38 hours, and corresponding employment conditions (such as a pension plan at PFZW).
- You will gain access to extensive data on club memberships, golf scores and playing behaviour, with biometric data of top athletes in the pipeline, and all there is to know of the approximately 270 golf courses in the Netherlands.
- You will become part of a network across multiple sports organisations to learn from peers in the same field.
- The opportunity to further develop your (not yet) existing golf skills.
Why you are suitable for the job
- You have (almost) completed a master's degree in a technical domain such as econometrics, mathematics, physics, etc.
- You are passionate about data and have experience with statistical methodologies and machine learning models such as GLM, segmentation, and tree-based models
- You are an independent, entrepreneurial, and creative individual who enjoys tackling diverse analytical questions
- You have hands-on experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, and Python
- You are available from November 2022 (or earlier).
- You earned high grades, have preferably gained experience from part-time jobs, extra-curricular activities, and/or completed an internship abroad.
- You have a good command of the English or Dutch language. Speaking Dutch is not required, but willingness to learn is much appreciated.
- Affinity with golf is not required, but is a risk of the job ;).
Your future working environment
We work at the sports hub par excellence in the Netherlands, called DeWeerelt van Sport in Utrecht. Here, the NGF is housed with the KNHB, Nevobo, the Watersportverbond, and the NskiV. The NGF offers you a challenging position in an ambitious and entrepreneurial organization, where the people can best be described as open and passionate about golf. Of course, collaboration is a paramount aspect of our work.
About the Koninklijke Nederlandse Golf Federatie (NGF)
The Royal Dutch Golf Federation (NGF) was founded in 1914 and currently has about 50 employees. There are over 420,000 golf players in the Netherlands, distributed over more than 270 different golf clubs. NGF’s strategy for the future is aimed at rejuvenating the sport and at attracting more women. You can find more information about NGF’s strategy here.
Do you want to apply?
Are you on par with the above description? Take a swing and apply straight away by sending your cover letter and CV to Vicky Tsoutsanis, Manager HR & Legal Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15. You can direct your questions related to the AI Data Talent Program to Wendelien Bakelaar: email@example.com.
No unsolicited services or offers, please.